Thursday, September 6, 2007

Raccoons

When I got out to my truck this morning, I found that it had been manhandled like a cheap whore during the night. It was covered with streaks of mud and footprints. The outboard mirrors were all cocked up. Seems that one or more raccoons thought that trampling my vehicle might somehow lead to a big food payoff. They were wrong and now my truck looks like it's two steps away from being on blocks in the front yard. Nature's bandidos, those raccoons. Still, they're cute and I like them.

In contrast, Kirk decided to harass me this morning regarding whether his team was playing and, if they were, what team they were playing. Apparently his email is down since he felt it necessary to invade my cubicle to demand this information and he took more than one trip to do it. Why he needs this information so urgently this early in the morning I cannot guess. Perhaps he needs to rethink his strategy depending on his opponent. I haven't checked, but I have a hunch that there are muddy footprints and handprints all around my cube now.

All things considered, I prefer the muddy truck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning Riha. Hey Riha, did you check your email??? No. Hey Riha, did you check your email??? No.